With the summer in full swing and more weddings happening by the day, it seems like we’re perennially on the hunt for new dresses, accessories and gifts. And it’s so hard to watch what we eat with all those delicious entrées going around. Well, if you are the one hosting the party, ease some of the tension of your guests’ shoulders. Present these stuffed mushrooms and help them look and feel gorgeous.
1 cup finely chopped spinach
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 tbsp. finely chopped chilies
1 tsp. oil
1 pinch pepper powder
¼ cup white sauce
salt to taste
20 large mushrooms (kumbh)
2 tsp. butter
2 tbsp. Mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. processed cheese
1. To make the stuffing mixture, place the spinach in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp. of water over it and microwave on high for 1 minute.
2. Add the onions and green chilies mix well and microwave on high for two more minutes.
3. Keep this mixture aside and put the oil in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
4. Then, add the spinach mixture, salt, pepper and white sauce and mix well. Microwave on high again for one minute.
5. Divide the stuffing into 20 equal portions and keep aside.
6. Now for the mushrooms, detach and discard each of their stems and wash the caps.
7. Stuff each mushroom cap with a portion of the stuffing and top it with a little cheese.
8. Put the butter in a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
9. Arrange the stuffed mushrooms in the microwave friendly dish and sprinkle 1 tbsp. of water on top. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
10. Serve immediately, with a side of hot sauce.
These mini hors d’oeuvres will fit snugly into the hands of your precious guests and are the perfect go-to option if they will be dancing, laughing and moving around all the time. Now you know for sure your guests will say only good things about the food behind your back!