It is every mother’s dream to have her child eat greens and like it. While we’re no expert pediatricians, we do happen to know that taste is a major factor with the kids. Keeping this in mind, we have created a unique juice recipe that contains all healthy ingredients and tastes great! Whip up one of these in the morning before school or as a cool, refreshing drink in the evening after your child comes back from play.
1. 2 stalks of celery
2. 1 apple
3. 4 sprigs of fresh mint
4. 1 lime
5. 1 kale leaf
And lastly, get a juicer to bring all the goodness together in one glass! A masticating or slow juicer is better suited for this, as the nutrient retention is higher.
1. Start with chopping the apple into small slices. Smaller pieces are easier to juice and make the process a whole lot faster.
2. Now take the lime and peel it if you want. This step depends on your personal taste and preference. Cut the lime into inch sized pieces and deseed it to make sure that no seed is accidently juiced which will then end up giving a bitter taste.
3. Again, cut the kale and mint leaves if you want. Make sure not to cut it too nicely because otherwise it will be difficult to juice.
4. Add all the above ingredients in the juicer and juice slowly; taking your time to make sure each fruit has yielded well.
5. Pour the mixture into a tall glass and add ice. You can also garnish it will some lemon, lemon slices and mint leaves on the top. Add a drizzle of honey if your child has a predominant sweet tooth.
6. Serve immediately and watch your child gulp it down in one go.
The Apple Mint Juice is a nutritional drink that can be served to anyone to boost their metabolism and defense mechanism. Now that you have become mommy genius and have a lot of time on your hands, go ahead and share this recipe with your friends too. After all, it’s no fun spending all that free time alone!